
I can't stand disorganization. I'm far from perfect (and a whole lot less organized than I was BC- before children), but I still manage to keep it together most of the time.
Sydney is cheering again this year. We had such a good experience last year, I made her do it again even though she wasn't sure she wanted to. I knew, ultimately, she would want to and I didn't want her to miss out by her momentary wavering at sign-up time. I'm beginning to regret it though because the whole thing is soooo disorganized this year. First off, there are like 5 squads of girls and this person doesn't know what that person is doing or what everyone is really supposed to do. Practice is at one time this week and then gets changed the next. We don't start on time either. Hey, I worked all day, my daughter is in school all day, and we don't get dinner until after practice- so let's start on-time!
So far the cheers consist of chanting, but little movement. We were shown the accompanying movements the one time by another coach, but ours just keeps saying "we'll get this all straightened out" in a few weeks. In a few weeks it'll be all over. Glad to know we'll have it all straight then.
Did I mention this year they also thought it to be a good idea to have more games during the week? Supposedly "a lot" of parents complained all the games were on Saturday's. I'm still trying to figure out who these parents were because it certainly didn't seem to be any of us in the room. So now we have most games set up to be a Saturday and then the immediate following Monday. When are we going to practice since practice is supposed to be on Monday also? I'm still trying to figure that one out.
No comments:
Post a Comment